TRIPAWDS: Home to 23104 Members and 2159 Blogs.
HOME » NEWS » BLOGS » FORUMS » CHAT » YOUR PRIVACY » RANDOM BLOG

Caring for a Three Legged Dog or Cat

Tripawds is your home to learn how to care for a three legged dog or cat, with answers about dog leg amputation, and cat amputation recovery from many years of member experiences.

JUMP TO FORUMS

Join The Tripawds Community

Learn how to help three legged dogs and cats in the forums below. Browse and search as a guest or register for free and get full member benefits:

Instant post approval.

Private messages to members.

Subscribe to favorite topics.

Live Chat and much more!

Please consider registering
Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Register Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_PrintTopic sp_TopicIcon-c
Nor Cal Tripawds Meet-Up May 14, 2016
sp_NewTopic Add Topic
Los Angeles, CA
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
16 May 2016 - 5:32 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_QuotePost

OMD!~!!! I totally forgot until Sally made a comment on my blog about this photo: Image Enlarger

When we got in the car, I turned on the radio and I have XM radio and what singer should come on the radio? Shelby Lynne. I kid you not - I have NEVER heard that singer on the radio before ... NEVER! IT was a sign that Shelby was my co-pilot on this trip and this trip, as it always is, is about Shelby's legacy and never letting her spirit die! I love my necklace (I wear it daily) ... proudly with Shelby Lynne's name right there. And you can't see it but that was my #tripawds shirt too! 🙂 

Shelby Lynne; Jack Russell/Shiba Inu mix. Proud member of the April Angels of 2014.

October 15, 2000 to April 8, 2014

Our story: Broke rear leg in June 2013 - non-conclusive results for cancer so leg was plated and pinned. Enlarged spleen in September 2013 and had it removed and was diagnosed with Hemangiosarcoma and started chemotherapy. Became a Tripawd January 8th, 2014 and definitive Hemangiosarcoma diagnosis. Three major surgeries in 7 months and Shelby took them all like a champ only to lose her battle to cancer in her brain. We had 8 amazing extra months together and no regrets. #shelbystrong #loveofmylife

Virginia

17 May 2016 - 4:57 pm

OOOOOOOOMMMMMMMDDDDDDD!!!! Craaaazy covered in chills head to toe and back again!!!! The necklace.....the "light" shining.over you and Jasper Lily......and now the singer named SHELBY LYNNE......Co-pilot Shelby Lynne.right by your side.ALWAYS!heart

You've gotten such compelling signs from Shelby! It's like she has to figure out ways to top herself.each time...and she's doing a really good job at it!!

Love!

Sally and Alumni Happy Hannah and Merry Myrtle and Frankie too!

Happy Hannah had a glorious additional bonus time of over one yr & two months after amp for osteo! She made me laugh everyday! Joined April's Angels after send off meal of steak, ice cream, M&Ms & deer poop!

On The Road

17 May 2016 - 5:20 pm

That is SO cool Alison!  I love that you had many beautiful reminders of your sweet Shelby on such a great day!

Shelby Lynne is one of my favorite singers. She's awesome, just like your Shelby.

I'm so happy you wear the necklace too 🙂

Tripawds Founders Jim and Rene
tripawds.com | tripawds.org | bemoredog.net | triday.pet

18 May 2016 - 7:20 pm

Well, we had a great time!

So good to see our friends, catch up on what's going on and how everyone is doing.

Met new folks, it's so funny, when we see a TRIPAWD coming our way, someone grabs a scarf and everyone's introducing themselves and within 10 minutes it's like we're old friends.

Always have lots of laughs, great stories are told, pictures are taken and the afternoon seems to just cruise along. Diane breaks out the treats, that's when Cindi and I start making excuses for Shelby. You see Shelby wants to be first, second, fourth and on and on and on in the treat line. It's embarassing but I love it.

Time goes quickly and before we know it, we're heading back to the parking lot to head home. It's an incredible way to spend the day. Wonderful dogs, wonderful people, plus we always try to stop at the A&W Rootbeer place on the way home. A Rootbeer Freeze is an excellent way to end the day.

We're already planning for our next meet up in October, I can't wait! 

the chauffeurway-cool

Virginia

18 May 2016 - 8:28 pm

I love that "The Chauffeur" stops.on the way hom so Shelby can.have her Rootbeer Freeze! How else.is that sweet girl gonna wash down all those treats?! She is soooooo pretty!!

And believe me, even if we aren't "there" physically, we're "there" in Spirit! Through all the posts and pictures we get to reconnect with all our friends too!heart

Love to all!

Sally and Alumni Happy Hannah and Merry Myrtle and Frankie too!

Happy Hannah had a glorious additional bonus time of over one yr & two months after amp for osteo! She made me laugh everyday! Joined April's Angels after send off meal of steak, ice cream, M&Ms & deer poop!

19 May 2016 - 11:09 pm

Hey folks!

What a great time Iris and I had finally meeting the California crew! Thanks for having us! We had such a great time I forgot to take a single picture! Thanks for posting pics CodieRae

Iris' had a fantastic time! Although she had to show off her throw up skills...whatever

I think the 2nd best part about a tripawty, 1st being around such wonderful people who have shared your journey, is that you get to see dogs interact as dogs, not "Oh hey you only have 3 legs too" It just reminds you how our tripawds have no complex about their situation and enjoy life as good as any 4 legger.

I'm looking forward to the next pawty and so is Iris!

Forum Timezone: America/Denver
Most Users Ever Online: 946
Currently Online: jerry
Guest(s) 240
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 1272
Members: 17857
Moderators: 6
Admins: 3
Forum Stats: