TRIPAWDS: Home to 22974 Members and 2152 Blogs.
HOME » NEWS » BLOGS » FORUMS » CHAT » YOUR PRIVACY » RANDOM BLOG

Caring for a Three Legged Dog or Cat

Tripawds is your home to learn how to care for a three legged dog or cat, with answers about dog leg amputation, and cat amputation recovery from many years of member experiences.

JUMP TO FORUMS

Join The Tripawds Community

Learn how to help three legged dogs and cats in the forums below. Browse and search as a guest or register for free and get full member benefits:

Instant post approval.

Private messages to members.

Subscribe to favorite topics.

Live Chat and much more!

Please consider registering
Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Register Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_PrintTopic sp_TopicIcon-c
5 smiley face limit, 100 character limit, but NO LIMIT ON VA. PAWTY VIDEOS, right? Until.....
sp_NewTopic Add Topic
Virginia

sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
26 May 2015 - 12:03 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_EditHistory sp_QuotePost

That Admin Guy may put a moratorium on how many videos we can chow after this!! Lretty sure it may halpen! clownWe all had THE best time! And our dogs did too! Honest to goodness, for Finn, Domino, Rosco, Tanner, Zach, Fannie Mae, Chandler, Daryl, Nixon, Cookie, Pearl Jax, frankie,Merry Myrtle and Wyatt Ray to get al k ng soooooo well just boggles my mi d! 25 dogs in our little group getting along! And then add another 20 to 30 greyhounds snd friends..WOW! I think our energy of love that we have for each other ks absorbed by them and they carry that good energy with them as they interact.

It was a spectacular week-end with beautiful weather and an outstanding job done by Rene, Jim, Tripawds, Kim and the Greyhounds Rock group. The moments shared were too brief but the friendships and loving memories will last a lifetimesuperstar

These are somewhat in order. As you will be able to tell from the laughter, this was an absolute blast! They start out at the Wine place...then Deb's bacation" home she re ted and was gracious enough to invite us over to ner huge fenced ywar with shade trees...then to Kim's place with guest speakers, vendors, food, prizes, etc. It was, in my opinion, a fairytale vacation!

I just couldn't pick what NOT to show! I mean, how could you leave out one moment of fun a d laughter?? And besides, Michelle said she wanted to see 'em all!!clap

The first two are right when I got there with Frankie and Merry Myrtle (Thank yo j Esther and Don and Jax for leading the way)! BFF Eric came ro the car to help with the dogs. Just LISTEN to the JOY, the LAUGHTER, the FUN!!

TRIPAWDS AND THEIR HUMANS OUTTA' CONTROL!!way-cool

Administrator's Notice: Post edited for ingesting porpoises.* Individual videos added to playlist for flawless viewing...

*testing purposes.

Happy Hannah had a glorious additional bonus time of over one yr & two months after amp for osteo! She made me laugh everyday! Joined April's Angels after send off meal of steak, ice cream, M&Ms & deer poop!

Virginia

26 May 2015 - 12:58 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_QuotePost

Daryl, Chandler, Zach, Cookie, Rosco, Pearl, Finn Domino and either Tanner or Fannje Mae

Chandler, Daryl, Pearl, John, Lori,: http://youtu.be.....gkeAXFSm28

Happy Hannah had a glorious additional bonus time of over one yr & two months after amp for osteo! She made me laugh everyday! Joined April's Angels after send off meal of steak, ice cream, M&Ms & deer poop!

Virginia

26 May 2015 - 1:39 am

Myrtle and Hunky Finn: http://youtu.be.....F_XsSjhSDQ

Westminster, MD
26 May 2015 - 8:42 am

Sally, 

Absolute perfection !!! I am still working my way through all your videos, and my iPad has started to kick me out of Tripawds again, so to the desktop I went to watch all of them.....I am so sad about not being able to be there on Saturday, the party at Deb's rental house looked like the best time ever. Thanks for sharing all these with us.....the pics and videos will stay within our hearts always as a constant reminder of great times shared with great friends.....clapway-coollaughingsmileyclap and hearts and hugs......

Bonnie, Angel Polly, Pearl, and zany Zuzu who couldn't make it this time

Oops, I exceeded my limit for smiley faces so I had to delete one and re-submit, lol !!!!!!

On The Road

26 May 2015 - 10:39 am

Oh lordy good thing these videos are hosted on YouTube and not on our server! LOVE EM!!!!

Had no idea Sally was taking so many videos, she is sneaky! Careful when Sally and her tavlet are at a pawty, you never know what's being recorded!

Way fun Sally, thanks for sharing.

Tripawds Founders Jim and Rene
tripawds.com | tripawds.org | bemoredog.net | triday.pet

26 May 2015 - 6:44 pm

Sally,

I loved them.   These videos are a hoot.  Now Frankie's howl had Jazz barking and Snickers looking for him.  I sure wish I was there.  What a blast.  🙂  superstarclapsuperstarclap

love it

xoxoxo

Michelle & Angel Sassy 

sassymichelle-sm.jpg

Sassy is a proud member of the Winter Warriors. Live long, & strong Winter Warriors.
sassysugarbear.tripawds.com
07/26/2006 - Sassy earned her wings 08/20/2013

05/04/2006 -  Bosch, Sassy's pal, earned his wings 03/29/19  fought cancer for 4 months.

"You aren't doing it TO her, you are doing it FOR her. Give her a chance at life."

Los Angeles, CA
26 May 2015 - 8:12 pm

OMG ... just got through these .... how much vino did you partake in Sally? 😉 I am glad I was laying on the couch while viewing...

TOO much fun... SO wish I was there but Michelle and I will be at the next one! 

XO love and hugs! 

Shelby Lynne; Jack Russell/Shiba Inu mix. Proud member of the April Angels of 2014.

October 15, 2000 to April 8, 2014

Our story: Broke rear leg in June 2013 - non-conclusive results for cancer so leg was plated and pinned. Enlarged spleen in September 2013 and had it removed and was diagnosed with Hemangiosarcoma and started chemotherapy. Became a Tripawd January 8th, 2014 and definitive Hemangiosarcoma diagnosis. Three major surgeries in 7 months and Shelby took them all like a champ only to lose her battle to cancer in her brain. We had 8 amazing extra months together and no regrets. #shelbystrong #loveofmylife

Virginia

26 May 2015 - 11:12 pm

OKAY.....youve got to read this link!! And YAY...I losted a link! Rene showed me how!
Amway, my videos are now in a playlist! Noooooo sillies, you mnow I didn't do it....my favorite Admin Guy did it!

The inly thing is I'm not able to "I troduce" each vide and tell you who everybody is or explain the story behind the video....but it's better than blowing the system up!

Just what Admin Guy needs...another computer challenge while trying to explain computer stuff to

http://tripawds.....ideos-lol/

Westminster, MD
27 May 2015 - 7:46 am

Sally,

You were a bit confused on my post in my iPad problem forum, regarding " editing ingested porpoises"...... Look above on your very first post here, and read Administrators Notice at the bottom.........still giggling......!!!!! Glad Admin guy and Rene helped you to get your awesome videos onto a playlist.....it will be fun to watch them all again!

Much Love, 

Bonnie, AP, and girlslaughing

Virginia

27 May 2015 - 8:56 am

Oh Bonnie, we sure knkw how to keep this pawty going!!winker

Yeah, I didn't see the ingested porpoises thing from the Admin Guy st first. Clearly I need to get him a tavet as he has trouble with typos on a computer!

And our BFF Admin Guy emailed me all of the original links to each video WITH my original "introduction explanation", naming dogs and their people, pointng out certain things to look for in each video, etc. Plus the playlist thing isn't as big as each individual one I posted.

Point being....if anyone wants to see the videos with the explanation and larger, I've got em! (Looks like you and Rene are the only ones from the pawty who as viewed them. Well, poor Jim too!) I just can't post them all at once without all those porpoises being ingested! Computer people sure do talk funny!

Honest to goodness, I'm still walking around with the biggest grin on my face!! It was THE best time! A d the way all our dogs interacted so beautifully just speaks volumes on so many levels!! And for me, just being in their presence and the presence of souls like you, and feeling the presence of our transitioned dog souls.....yeah, it was magical!!!

When you can, post another pic of zpZuzu with Pearl...would love to see how she's grown! Such an incredible story behind her "adoption"...so beautiful! And I love the approach you and John are taking of just letting her be pure dog!!! What a fun life!!

Mich love to all!!

P$ Alison...stone cold sober the whole time! But very, very high on love and life at the pawty!! 🙂

Oakland, CA
27 May 2015 - 10:49 am

Sally, thanks so much for all the videos even if you broke the websitelittle-devil. I had a big grin on my face the whole time I was watching them and felt like I was right there with you guys. I think we need to have a pawty right in the middle of the country so everypawdy can come! That would be so awesome!!

Woohoo! Tripawds Rule!

Regulator of the Oaktown Pack, Sheriff of the Oaktown Pawsse, Founding member and President of the Tripawd Girldogs With 2 Names ROCK Club, and ... Tripawd Girldog Extraordinaire!

Visit Codie Rae's Blog!

27 May 2015 - 6:30 pm

I agree middle of the country.  Hmmm wonder where that would be??? It would be so much fun 🙂  I loved everyone of those videos and smiled at all of them.  I could just imagine all the fun you all had. 

Hugs

Michelle & Angel Sassy

sassymichelle-sm.jpg

Sassy is a proud member of the Winter Warriors. Live long, & strong Winter Warriors.
sassysugarbear.tripawds.com
07/26/2006 - Sassy earned her wings 08/20/2013

05/04/2006 -  Bosch, Sassy's pal, earned his wings 03/29/19  fought cancer for 4 months.

"You aren't doing it TO her, you are doing it FOR her. Give her a chance at life."

Virginia

27 May 2015 - 6:57 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_EditHistory sp_QuotePost

Thanks Martha and Michelle! Ive got 395 more videos I'm going to upload before the "Limit Police" start injesting more Dolphins and spitting out limits!clap

Livermore, CA

27 May 2015 - 9:29 pm

Sally I just love how you keep admin guy on his toes!

Middle of the country sounds great...Michelle I nominate you to be the official Mid-Country TriPawd Party planner big-grin.

I'll work with the OakTown Pack to start setting up carpools from the west coast.

Karen and the Spirit Pug Girls and Obie (who is in the pug house right now!)

Tri-pug Maggie survived a 4.5 year mast cell cancer battle only to be lost to oral melanoma.

1999 to 2010

Maggie's Story                  Amputation and Chemo

Virginia
28 May 2015 - 8:50 pm

Sally, Queen of All Things Video! clapLove these! So many special memories! Thanks for sharing them. I did have to mute the sound because our little pack went crazy hearing the dogs and thinking people were in our house! lol  Especially Fannie Mae. I'll have to watch with the sound up sometime when they're outside.

And thanks to Bonnie and you for the thread and helping me understand that video issues weren't just me...finally got them to play through on the playlist in the link (the one in your post kept getting hung up for some reason). Big props to Admin Guy...playlists rock! And Sally rocks! superstar 

Deb and Angel Lexie* Diagnosed at age 13. Tried radiation first; wish we had amputated upon diagnosis (even with lung mets). Joined Club Tripawd April 2014 & Lexie loved life on 3 legs! Advice: Start physical therapy as soon as your vet clears it, especially hydrotherapy if available :-) See Lexie pics here.  

Forum Timezone: America/Denver
Most Users Ever Online: 946
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 232
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 1268
Members: 17735
Moderators: 6
Admins: 3
Forum Stats: