Join The Discussion
Learn about life on three legs in the forums below. Browse and search as a guest or register for free to take advantage of member benefits:
- Instant post approval.
- Private messages to members.
- Subscribe to favorite topics.
- Join the Live Chat and more!
T-shirts, Cards & Gifts
A A A
25 April 2007
A couple Tripawds members have asked about importing their existing blogs from Blogger, so I've been playing around in my new Tripawds sandbox. As it turns out, migrating all posts and users from yourblog.blogspot.com to yournewblog.tripawds.com is a lot easier than I expected!
In fact, it's as simple as one, two, three:
- Log into your Tripawds account and create a new blog.
- Visit Tools -> Import from your Tripawds dashboard and select the blog platform from which you want to import posts.
- Authorize access to your old blog account, import posts, and asign users.
*Import function exists for the following (See Import tool for complete list of available import & conversion functions.):
- Blogger: Import posts, comments, and users from a Blogger blog.
- Blogware: Import posts from Blogware.
- DotClear: Import categories, users, posts, comments, and links from a DotClear blog.
- GreyMatter: Import users, posts, and comments from a Greymatter blog.
- LiveJournal: Import posts from LiveJournal using their API.
- Movable Type and TypePad: Import posts and comments from a Movable Type or Typepad blog.
- RSS: Import posts from an RSS feed.
- Textpattern: Import categories, users, posts, comments, and links from a Textpattern blog.
- WordPress: Import posts, pages, comments, custom fields, categories, and tags from a WordPress export file.
25 April 2007
For a perfect example of an imported Blogger blog, check out The Tripawd Times of Nova the Great Dane.
Tripawds member Dane Mom Sue had been blogging about Nova's amputation for over a year at blogspot.com and imported all of her posts to her new Tripawds Blog in minutes following the simple steps above.
Most Users Ever Online: 597
Currently Browsing this Page:
Devices Used: Desktop (48), Phone (11), Tablet (2)
Guest Posters: 1003