TRIPAWDS: Home to 23112 Members and 2159 Blogs.
HOME » NEWS » BLOGS » FORUMS » CHAT » YOUR PRIVACY » RANDOM BLOG

Caring for a Three Legged Dog or Cat

Tripawds is your home to learn how to care for a three legged dog or cat, with answers about dog leg amputation, and cat amputation recovery from many years of member experiences.

JUMP TO FORUMS

Join The Tripawds Community

Learn how to help three legged dogs and cats in the forums below. Browse and search as a guest or register for free and get full member benefits:

Instant post approval.

Private messages to members.

Subscribe to favorite topics.

Live Chat and much more!

Please consider registering
Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Register Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_PrintTopic
Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 Topic Rating: 0 (0 votes) 
sp_TopicIcon-c
Tripawds Community Upgraded to WordPress 3.0
sp_NewTopic Add Topic
On The Road

sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
23 July 2010 - 5:29 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print
sp_QuotePost

The Tripawds Blogs and Discussion Forums will be offline periodically Monday, July 26 2010 beginning at 9:00 a.m. PST while we perform the long awaited WordPress 3.0 upgrade and update the fourms to SimplePress 4.3.2. These vital updates will enhance security and ensure stability as this community continues to grow. And we might just see a few new features too!

We have taken extreme measures to ensure the transition is quick and smooth, but apologize in advance for any unexpected downtime. Thank you for your patience and your support.

Tripawds Founders Jim and Rene
tripawds.com | tripawds.org | bemoredog.net | triday.pet

23 July 2010 - 5:34 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print
sp_QuotePost

GASP....what will I do, what will I do.....

Okay, posting a big red note that I will of course overlook as I sit here and curse my computer for not being able to get to Tripawds.

JOKING YOU GUYS...good luck good luck good luck.....I would consider getting a lot of rest or having a weekend long party...whichever will put you in the mood to do that on Monday....Since I have absolutely no technological knowledge (the little I had when I worked leaked right out the hole in my head after retirement) I can only imagine this will be a stressful day for you both.....

SENDING GOOD VIBES

On The Road

23 July 2010 - 5:41 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print
sp_QuotePost

Thanks! We've been pulling out enough hair over the past few weeks here to ensure everything works on our test site, that it should all go smooth and (relatively) painless. Good vibes can never hurt though.

Stay tuned... big-blink

Las Vegas, Nevada
24 July 2010 - 3:07 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print
sp_QuotePost

Image Enlarger

Her Retired AvatarComet - 1999 to 2011

She departed us unexpectedly  January 23, 2011 at the age of 12 1/2.

She was born with a deformed front leg and a tripawd all of her life.

On The Road

25 July 2010 - 11:19 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print
sp_QuotePost

NOTE: The upgrade has been rescheduled to begin at 1:00 p.m. Monday, July 26. We will do our best to minimize any downtime. Thank you in advance for your patience.

PS: That silly Comet always knows how to make us laugh. clown

On The Road

26 July 2010 - 2:53 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print
sp_QuotePost

way-cool Checka. Checka.

SimplePress version: 4.3.2 (Build: 4295) now running on WordPress 3.0 MultiSite.

Still testing various things and ironing out the kinks.

betaman
26 July 2010 - 3:05 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print
sp_QuotePost

Now that wasn't so bad!

Please report any unexpected anomalies here. Investigating missing signature images now.

On The Road

26 July 2010 - 3:26 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_EditHistory
sp_QuotePost

betaman said:

Now that wasn't so bad!

Y'all have no idea. big-blink

27 July 2010 - 11:04 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print
sp_QuotePost

Links also aren't working in Pm's!

My heart lives at Rainbow Bridge
27 July 2010 - 11:36 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print
sp_QuotePost

This may be a problem or may be just me, but I tried to edit it twice and never got it to work correctly.  When you look at the 'edit', my response is below the line, but when I post my response goes inside the box.

I intended to post a picture, but I'm at work and that ain't happenin'.

See my response to Fortis in Trouble's 20 month celebration topic in Shout Outs.

Shanna & Spirit Trouble ~ Trouble gained her wings 3/16/2011, a 27 1/2 month cancer survivor, tail wagging. RIP sweetheart, you are my heart and soul.  Run free at Rainbow Bridge.
The November Five - Spirits Max, Cherry, Tika, Trouble & Nova. 11/2008 - 3/2013 An era ends as Queen Nova crossed the Bridge.

On The Road

27 July 2010 - 11:58 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print
sp_QuotePost

@munko Please try again. We believe we have now resolved this issue.

@hugs Style issues in quoted replies continue to be an issue the developers are aware of. I just fixed your post. If your comfortable editing HTML, when posts look funky, you need to ensure there are <p> tags wrapping each paragraph, and that your comment is below the closing </blockquote>. Removing the <hr> rule can also help. When is doubt, if it's legible, leave it be!

@all Links should now be visible to all members and guests in both the foums and PMs. We had neglected to assisgn the new "View Links" permission to moderators earlier. way-confused Just confirmed viewing links is now allowed for all member user levels and guests.

On The Road

27 July 2010 - 3:19 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print
sp_QuotePost

OK. We believe we have ironed out all the kinks and haven't received any other reports of nrgative impacts, so we're officially calling this major upgrade successful! cool 

Stay tuned for complete details about what these means to all members an Tripawds bloggers . For now, here's just a few highlights:

Enhanced Security: Cookies are now encrypted (yum!) making security much stronger for all Tripawds blogs . The forums also have various security enhancements to protect user information and access.

Improved Performance: Both the core software running this site and the plugin driving these Forums have implemented various tactics to imrprove load times and reduce server load. This is a good thing.

More Spam Protection: All Tripawds bloggers (Not just Supporters) will benefit by activating the Akismet plugin for rnhanced comment spam protection.

Blog Themes: We have not only upgraded all the themes available to Tripawds bloggers , but added more too! There are now 114 themes to choose from to customize your blog.

Premium Themes: Tripawds Spporter Blogs now have access to an additional 19 premium themes including enhanced features for content management, photo-blogging, and customization.

Forum Signatures: Some may notice that signature images have been removed. That's because the new Profile Signature set-up includes it's own HTML editor where images can be embedded. The maximum size for images has been limited to 90x90. Please try to keep signatures as "thin" as possible by adding any additional information to your extended profile. A future version of these forums may allow signature image uploads.

Social Networking Buttons: Notice the Twitter and Facebook buttons under some user's avatars nesxt to their forum posts? These will appear automatically for anyone who includes a username in the "Online Identity" fields in their extended profile. Note, however, that only a user name is required. Including a full profile URL (ahem, hugapitbull) will create a broken link. A future version of these forums will make this more clear.

Thank you all for your patience. We have literally been preparing for this upgrade for months, and have spent untold hours working on our test site to ensure it would go as smoothly as it has – not to mention, most of the past few days performing the upgrade on our live site here. If you find this community helpful, please consider a small contribution to our 2010 Tripawds Community Campaign supporting our continuing efforts to make sure it stays online and current.

Forum Timezone: America/Denver
Most Users Ever Online: 946
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 266
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 1272
Members: 17864
Moderators: 6