TRIPAWDS: Home to 23092 Members and 2158 Blogs.
HOME » NEWS » BLOGS » FORUMS » CHAT » YOUR PRIVACY » RANDOM BLOG

Caring for a Three Legged Dog or Cat

Tripawds is your home to learn how to care for a three legged dog or cat, with answers about dog leg amputation, and cat amputation recovery from many years of member experiences.

JUMP TO FORUMS

Join The Tripawds Community

Learn how to help three legged dogs and cats in the forums below. Browse and search as a guest or register for free and get full member benefits:

Instant post approval.

Private messages to members.

Subscribe to favorite topics.

Live Chat and much more!

Please consider registering
Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Register Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_PrintTopic sp_TopicIcon-c
Handwoven Gayle JuJu Socks for next five $100 contributors
sp_NewTopic Add Topic
On The Road

sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
12 June 2010 - 10:12 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_EditHistory sp_QuotePost

This community rocks. Or I should say socks! Check out this generous offer from East Tennessee Gayle for out next five contributors of $100 or more to the Tripawds 2010 Community Fundraising campaign …

this idea of cometdogs is just wonderful. not that anyone would need enticing, but you know, as they said in caddyshack…"how about a little something for the effort". anyway…

i have this idea… from the day (literally the day) that gayle was diagnosed, i've been knitting socks. now i may not be the best knitter in the world, but i'm positive i'm in the top five (really, i'm good). so i make nice socks. i've knitted socks next to gayle through every chemo treatment, through every 'rough day', through every 'rough night'…

so here's my way of helping support tripawds -

i am willing to donate one pair of hand knitted socks (wool, with a smidge of nylon or bamboo for wear) to the next five donors who give $100 or more. that's five pair of 'knit during the worst of times, knit during the best of times' socks. these carry special 'gayle juju' with them, and they are promised to make the owner's feet smile. caviat is that they may have a few stray 'gayle hairs' knitted in, which i think is just good fortune!!!

what do you think??

We think that's awesome and thank Charon for her generosity. We bet a little Gayle JuJu goes a long way, and we all love happy feet. Chip In at least $100 below with a safe PayPal contribution to qualify for socks – while supplies last!

Tripawds Founders Jim and Rene
tripawds.com | tripawds.org | bemoredog.net | triday.pet

On The Road

12 June 2010 - 11:07 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_QuotePost

I think we LOVE you Charon, thank you, what a pawesome offer!

My Mom knits. Will you bring your yarn out to Colorado with you and show her how you make socks? All she's ever managed to make was legwarmers!

Thank you so so much, this is fantastic.

knoxville, tn
13 June 2010 - 6:58 am

just a note - i don't 'weave' the yarn, but i do hand knit the socks...  yes, i would be glad to bring some yarn to colorado...i'll have you knitting socks in no time!!! 

Life is good, so very, very good!!! Gayle enjoyed each and every moment of each and every wonderful day (naps included).  She left this world December 12, 2011 – off on a new adventure.

Love Never Ends

http://etgayle

Los Angeles
13 June 2010 - 3:38 pm

Sold! I would love to have a lovely pair of knitted socks with Gayle's hair knitted in.  I like my feet to be smiling too - but I will have to be careful because Kobe likes to steal my socks.  I'm going to have to hide these from him!  big-grin

Kami (Mackenzie and Kobe's Mom)

My sweet golden Mackenzie.  She became my angel on Dec 29, 2010 at the age of 8 1/2  although she was always my angel from the time we brought her home.  She was diagnosed with osteosarcoma in Sept 2009 and officially became a tripawd (front leg) on Nov 5, 2009.  She will be forever in my heart and now she's running free with all of our other tripawd heroes.  I love you Mackenzie!

On The Road

13 June 2010 - 4:11 pm

One pair down, eight socks to go! We just received Kami's qualifying contribution. Thank you both!

Las Vegas, Nevada
13 June 2010 - 8:37 pm

OMD!  That's a fantastic offer!  Are you sure it's not a typo?  Shouldn't it be a $1000 contribution?   A hand knitted pair of socks should go for so much more! 

Kami, you owe $900 more, my friend! smile

Her Retired AvatarComet - 1999 to 2011

She departed us unexpectedly  January 23, 2011 at the age of 12 1/2.

She was born with a deformed front leg and a tripawd all of her life.

On The Road

14 June 2010 - 2:57 pm

Daisy's mom (aka: lexi) will be getting happy feet too!

She took The Tasha Challenge and promises to contribute $100 with a simple, safe PayPal subscription over the next four months.

Only three pairs to go! Act now and get yours by sending your contribution using the ChipIn widget above.

Los Angeles
14 June 2010 - 4:22 pm

Ok Comet's mom – I think you need glasses. Either that or you're going to have to cough up a lot of gift certificates to me for your mens' underwear line laughing…..ooh la la!

My sweet golden Mackenzie.  She became my angel on Dec 29, 2010 at the age of 8 1/2  although she was always my angel from the time we brought her home.  She was diagnosed with osteosarcoma in Sept 2009 and officially became a tripawd (front leg) on Nov 5, 2009.  She will be forever in my heart and now she's running free with all of our other tripawd heroes.  I love you Mackenzie!

On The Road

17 June 2010 - 8:09 am

Two more takers! big-grin  Many thanks for Tana Farrel and Karen Weiland for their generous contributions. Enjoy the socks! (Someone needs to post some pictures.)

That leaves one pair of premium handwoven Gayle JuJu socks available to our next supporter who gives $100 or more. Act now and get yours today by clicking the ChipIn widget above.

On The Road

22 June 2010 - 10:02 pm

Ooops! way-confused Forgot to update this topic ... many thanks to Cathy and Jane for their generous contribution in memory of Skyler! That means Gayle's offer of socks is now complete. Good thing, 'cuz Charon must be getting arthritis by now after knitting so much... we're still waiting for someone to post pictures!

As of now, Holly's hand knit mittens offer is still going on! So please keep those contributions coming and we'll stop begging for help. Don't forget about Tasha's Challenge if you're looking for an easy way to give a bit more. Thank you all for your continued support!

Las Vegas, Nevada
5 July 2010 - 3:44 pm

***SOLD OUT SOLD OUT SOLD OUT  SOLD OUT SOLD OUT SOLD OUT SOLD OUT SOLD OUT SOLD OUT  SOLD OUT SOLD OUT SOLD OUT***

But look what you missed out on YOU SOCKLESS PEOPLE!

Image Enlarger

[Image Can Not Be Found]

Her Retired AvatarComet - 1999 to 2011

She departed us unexpectedly  January 23, 2011 at the age of 12 1/2.

She was born with a deformed front leg and a tripawd all of her life.

Los Angeles
5 July 2010 - 4:47 pm

Thanks Comet for posting these pictures for me.  I've been wanting to post these for awhile now.  I just wanted to thank Charon and ETGayle for the beautiful knitted socks they made - all for the love of our tripawd heroes.  They even came with special washing instructions smile.  They are incredibly special and I plan to keep them in a safe place - otherwise Kobe (AKA Sock Monster) will have them in his mouth in no time!

Thanks again Charone - I just love these socks! smile.

Kami (Mackenzie's Mom)

knoxville, tn
6 July 2010 - 6:22 am

kami, i am so glad you like them!!! seeing mackenzie and kobe snuggling with them...you made my day!!! 

charon & gayle

Life is good, so very, very good!!! Gayle enjoyed each and every moment of each and every wonderful day (naps included).  She left this world December 12, 2011 – off on a new adventure.

Love Never Ends

My heart lives at Rainbow Bridge
6 July 2010 - 11:21 am

The socks are beautiful.  Now I'm wishing I had not waited for my 2nd quarter free money to show up to donatewhat-ever

Shanna & Spirit Trouble ~ Trouble gained her wings 3/16/2011, a 27 1/2 month cancer survivor, tail wagging. RIP sweetheart, you are my heart and soul.  Run free at Rainbow Bridge.
The November Five - Spirits Max, Cherry, Tika, Trouble & Nova. 11/2008 - 3/2013 An era ends as Queen Nova crossed the Bridge.

knoxville, tn
7 July 2010 - 5:28 am

shanna....i bet we could work something out... gayle and i keep knitting and enjoying life moment by moment...

Love Never Ends

Forum Timezone: America/Denver
Most Users Ever Online: 946
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 232
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 1272
Members: 17847
Moderators: 6