TRIPAWDS: Home to 23086 Members and 2157 Blogs.
HOME » NEWS » BLOGS » FORUMS » CHAT » YOUR PRIVACY » RANDOM BLOG

Caring for a Three Legged Dog or Cat

Tripawds is your home to learn how to care for a three legged dog or cat, with answers about dog leg amputation, and cat amputation recovery from many years of member experiences.

JUMP TO FORUMS

Join The Tripawds Community

Learn how to help three legged dogs and cats in the forums below. Browse and search as a guest or register for free and get full member benefits:

Instant post approval.

Private messages to members.

Subscribe to favorite topics.

Live Chat and much more!

Please consider registering
Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Register Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_PrintTopic sp_TopicIcon-c
Spirit: Doubting Osteosarcoma Diagnosis, Amputation Surgery Monday 8/31
sp_NewTopic Add Topic
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
2 October 2015 - 2:41 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_EditHistory sp_QuotePost

For the life of me I cannot figure out how to include photo and video in my post despite trying to use the photo/video buttons. So, until I can figure it out, I'm merely going to link a few photos (and possibly a video or two) that Spirit took with my daughter, Harmony, this morning. Hopefully, this will work better than what I was trying earlier.

Photos: Spirit and My Daughter Harmony

Katrina

Green Bay, WI

2 October 2015 - 6:22 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_QuotePost

Hi Katrina...I was so happy to read your update! Sorry for your loss of your feline buddy. 

Glad to hear Spirit is doing well! It can be frustrating waiting for path reports; we waited 5 weeks after surgery before we heard anything too. I was panicked thinking about all the time we were wasting not starting chemotherapy. But it worked out in the end, and Nitro continues to do well 15 mos post amp. 

Hopefully your life settles down a bit so you can catch your breath! Feel free to call me anytime for any reason, I'll help anyway I can. 

Paula and Nitro

Nitro 11 1/2  yr old Doberman; right front amp June 2014. Had 6 doses carboplatin, followed by metronomic therapy. Rocked it on 3 legs for over 3 years! My Warrior beat cancer, but couldn't beat old age. He crossed the Bridge peacefully on July 25, 2017, with dignity and on his terms.  Follow his blog entitled "Doberman's journey"

http://nitro.tripawds.com

"Be good, mama loves you".....run free my beautiful Warrior

Livermore, CA

2 October 2015 - 7:11 pm

Hi Katrina and Spirit,

Thanks for the update.  You have had your hands full... and I'm sorry you lost your kitty Charity.

Isn't it amazing how the pups manage to bounce back?  If only we could really 'Be More Dog ' our lives would be so much less stressful!

Happy One Month Ampuversary Spirit!  Extra treats for everyone.

Here is how you add photos to your post, and how to add videos.

I hope things settle down for you now.

Karen and the Spirit Pug Girls

Tri-pug Maggie survived a 4.5 year mast cell cancer battle only to be lost to oral melanoma.

1999 to 2010

Maggie's Story                  Amputation and Chemo

2 October 2015 - 7:56 pm

Thank you, Karen! Finally, I have some pictures and a short video! Here is Spirit with my daughter (not me).

Katrina

Spirit

Spirit Gives Kisses
 Spirit & The Hamster

Virginia

2 October 2015 - 10:25 pm

OOOOO.MM. DDDDD!!!! My heart was in my throat as I was scanning through quickly to see if Spirit was doing okay! And make no mistake about it Im so very, very sorry Charity needed ro head on to the Bridge. She is pain free now and young and vibrant. Sixteen wonderful years!! Good job!!

But I am sooooo relieved to know Spirit is doing so well!! Look at those pictures and that video....that video...WOW!! I cannot stop smiling!!! I love how Spirit gives himself a little rest stop after each sprint! He's a very smart fella'! Such a handsome boy too! As cute as his avatar picture is, these really show what a stunner he is!! And your daughter is a cutie pie too!! LOVE her name!!!

So glad Paula has been there to help you through the journey. Yiu were in good hands!

Wonderful update and wonderful pictures and video! So happy for you!!!

Continuing to cheer you on Spirit!!!! You jave a wo derful Guardian Angel watching over you!

Love!

Sally and Alumni Happy Hannah and Merry Myrtle too!

Happy Hannah had a glorious additional bonus time of over one yr & two months after amp for osteo! She made me laugh everyday! Joined April's Angels after send off meal of steak, ice cream, M&Ms & deer poop!

Green Bay, WI

3 October 2015 - 8:30 am

Thanks for the pics and video....both "children" are simply adorable!

paula and nitro

Nitro 11 1/2  yr old Doberman; right front amp June 2014. Had 6 doses carboplatin, followed by metronomic therapy. Rocked it on 3 legs for over 3 years! My Warrior beat cancer, but couldn't beat old age. He crossed the Bridge peacefully on July 25, 2017, with dignity and on his terms.  Follow his blog entitled "Doberman's journey"

http://nitro.tripawds.com

"Be good, mama loves you".....run free my beautiful Warrior

Norene, TN
5 October 2015 - 3:48 pm

Aww . . . so sorry to hear about Charity. You're such a great pawrent. And I loved the pics and video. Spirit is so beautiful.

Harmony became a Tripawd on 10/21/14 (MCT). She left us way too soon on 11/1/14.

"We miss you so much; our love, our heart, our Harmony."

- Pam, Ron and Melody, Meesha, Doublestuff and Mariah Carey

Forum Timezone: America/Denver
Most Users Ever Online: 946
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 269
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 1272
Members: 17843
Moderators: 6