TRIPAWDS: Home to 22974 Members and 2152 Blogs.
HOME » NEWS » BLOGS » FORUMS » CHAT » YOUR PRIVACY » RANDOM BLOG

Caring for a Three Legged Dog or Cat

Tripawds is your home to learn how to care for a three legged dog or cat, with answers about dog leg amputation, and cat amputation recovery from many years of member experiences.

JUMP TO FORUMS

Join The Tripawds Community

Learn how to help three legged dogs and cats in the forums below. Browse and search as a guest or register for free and get full member benefits:

Instant post approval.

Private messages to members.

Subscribe to favorite topics.

Live Chat and much more!

Please consider registering
Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Register Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_PrintTopic sp_TopicIcon-c
Remembering my sweet Angel ~ Indiana with poetry and much love ~ 6/20/2001 to 6/13/2011
sp_NewTopic Add Topic
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
13 September 2011 - 8:47 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_QuotePost

A poem to honor my sweet angel ~ Indiana: You will live on in my
heart & in my soul forever. Oh how I miss you so!!!

Three months have gone by my sweet angel of mine...

You’re in the heavens and you make it shine...

Every time I look to the sky ~I see you smiling ~

And I will try ~ to be happy ~ although I still have tears...

And I will spread your love ~ throughout the years.

Sweet Indiana~ you’re in my heart every day ~

And you will always hear me say:

I love you deeply ~ I miss you so...

I was so sad to see you go ~but I know that where you are ~

You are at peace ~ you are my shining star.

Written with much love from Indiana's mom ~Carol~~

Copyright September 2011

♥ I was blessed with the Miracle of Indiana ~ my sweet and loving Siberian husky♥

♥ He beat the odds against osteosarcoma for 17 months with so much happiness and love ♥  ♥ Indy was a true tripawd hero and an inspiration to all ♥  ♥ I prayed for just one more day… and we had many ♥

♥ His legend gives much hope for those just starting their journey ♥ May you all have a miracle – whether it be big or small ♥

♥ Forever in our hearts ♥    ♥ Until we meet again my love ♥ ♥ I will love you forever ♥  

Please visit his blog  http://indianas.....pawds.com/

Las Vegas, Nevada
13 September 2011 - 9:11 pm

Another lovely poem Angel Indiana's mom.

It's so hard to lose them.  Even 3 months seems so soon.  It does get easier but it takes a long time.  I'm just coming up on 7 months and I miss so many things about my Comet.  Not taking care of a handicapped dog after having one for 12 years leaves you with a lot of idle time to reflect.  But luckily, I have Rocket (aka monkeybutt) to cuddle and hold.  

Please know that we are here if you need to talk, vent or cry.  Indiana will always be in your heart and we understand.

Angel Comet's mom

Her Retired AvatarComet - 1999 to 2011

She departed us unexpectedly  January 23, 2011 at the age of 12 1/2.

She was born with a deformed front leg and a tripawd all of her life.

San Diego, CA
13 September 2011 - 9:26 pm

Another lovely tribute to Indiana. I found writing to be a helpful outlet when we lost our sweet beagle, Bailey, in 2009. I bet you find the same with your poetry.

Indiana will live in your heart forever.
All the best,
Jackie, Abby's mom

Abby: Aug 1, 2009 – Jan 10, 2012. Our beautiful rescue pup lived LARGE with osteosarcoma for 15 months – half her way-too-short life. I think our "halflistic" approach (mixing traditional meds + supplements) helped her thrive. (PM me for details. I'm happy to help.) She had lung mets for over a year. They took her from us in the end, but they cannot take her spirit! She will live forever in our hearts. She loved the beach and giving kisses and going to In-N-Out for a Flying Dutchman. Tripawds blog, and a more detailed blog here. Please also check out my novel, What the Dog Ate. Now also in paperback! Purchase it at Amazon via Tripawds and help support Tripawds!

Galt, California
13 September 2011 - 9:53 pm

What a beautiful poem for beautiful Indiana.  We are coming up on two months of our loss of Sierra and understand, as do all here, of the heartache felt by the hole left behind. 

Brad, Anna, and Spirit Sierra

WYO
13 September 2011 - 10:42 pm

sending you heart healing wishes until you meet again! it's tough!! and you are in her heart too!

My heart lives at Rainbow Bridge
14 September 2011 - 6:23 am

Gentle tears fall.  That is a beautiful remembrance for Indiana.

Shanna & Spirit Trouble ~ Trouble gained her wings 3/16/2011, a 27 1/2 month cancer survivor, tail wagging. RIP sweetheart, you are my heart and soul.  Run free at Rainbow Bridge.
The November Five - Spirits Max, Cherry, Tika, Trouble & Nova. 11/2008 - 3/2013 An era ends as Queen Nova crossed the Bridge.

On The Road

14 September 2011 - 8:34 am

Carol, this is lovely, thank you so much for sharing such a heartfelt tribute to a wonderful boy. {{{{hugs}}}}

Tripawds Founders Jim and Rene
tripawds.com | tripawds.org | bemoredog.net | triday.pet

ARIZONA
14 September 2011 - 9:13 am

That is a beautiful tribute. Sorry for your loss. {{{gentle hugs}}}

Wyatt - non cancer Tripawd

~ missing front left paw ~

10 pounds and bulletproof!

Cordoba, Argentina
14 September 2011 - 5:34 pm

Dear Carol,

first of all, beautiful words... it is so nice to know you can turn your sadness into something beautiful.

I hope time passes quickly now, until you are better and can start to remember Indiana with a smile on your face.

Thank you too, for taking your time and writing on Hori`s blog http://www.hora.....pawds.com/

Lots of good energy coming your way,

Cecilia and Spirit Hori

Spirit Horacia, Castaño, Olympia + human family Cecilia, Georg and Julia - - - Hori first diagnosed 8/6/09, ampu 8/12/09, run over the bridge 9/10/09 – We miss you every day dear girl!

15 September 2011 - 5:12 am

Thank you ALL so very much for your kind and comforting words! I actually just realized recently that I could have written in these forums many months ago...I didn't know what a forum was!!! I have such a busy life that I don't get to keep up with all of these heartwarming posts. Once in a while I will come visit & also post  xoxo

Poetry is my way of bringing comfort to others and to me. It is good therapy and I will always pour my heart out through my poems....Some of you have gone through this heartbreak and some of you are still holding onto hope - which you should do. I always
prayed for one more day with my Indy and I was so blessed with his miracle. I wish miracles for everyone - whether it is big or small...I wish comfort to those of you who need it...and most of all... I thank all of you for being my Tripawd family as I write this with many tears... Thank you Rene and Jim for creating this wonderful place...called "home'

Our tripawds will live on in our hearts forever...They have taught us about the deepest love there is...they
are our heroes! Sending big hugs and much love from Indiana's mom ~~Carol~~

♥ I was blessed with the Miracle of Indiana ~ my sweet and loving Siberian husky♥

♥ He beat the odds against osteosarcoma for 17 months with so much happiness and love ♥  ♥ Indy was a true tripawd hero and an inspiration to all ♥  ♥ I prayed for just one more day… and we had many ♥

♥ His legend gives much hope for those just starting their journey ♥ May you all have a miracle – whether it be big or small ♥

♥ Forever in our hearts ♥    ♥ Until we meet again my love ♥ ♥ I will love you forever ♥  

15 September 2011 - 8:07 am

Thanks for sharing Carol....again, it brought tears to my eyes.  You're so lucky to have had such wonderful and beautiful times with Indiana and that you're able to turn those memories into poems.  How very special!  Hugs to you!  xo

15 September 2011 - 12:52 pm

Thank you Sue & ALL of you once again!!!! Thanks for all of the prayers, hugs & love~~I sure can use them as often as you'd like to send them my way xoxo

Monkeybutt-Bunny Vampire
15 September 2011 - 3:10 pm

Monkeydog Samson still takes the prize for the best poem every written!

http://tripawds.....8;search=1

Bwhahhahahahhahhahahhahaaahaaaa!

Monkeydogs ROCK!

On The Road

15 September 2011 - 8:39 pm

Oh that Monkeydog! See what you've been missing here in the Forums Carol?

We're glad you got the hang of 'em!

Tripawds Founders Jim and Rene
tripawds.com | tripawds.org | bemoredog.net | triday.pet

Forum Timezone: America/Denver
Most Users Ever Online: 946
Currently Online: Edward_1
Guest(s) 293
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 1268
Members: 17735