Join The Discussion
Learn about life on three legs in the forums below. Browse and search as a guest or register for free to take advantage of member benefits:
- Instant post approval.
- Private messages to members.
- Subscribe to favorite topics.
- Join the Live Chat and more!
What Is The KillBarney Tour?
Get the KillBarney Tour Book for photos and stories of Tripawds members around the globe!
A A A
22 October 2015
Some really touching words in this thread and the links you have provided. I recently came across another good resource at pet loss and grief which has tons of further reading to help when that sad time comes.
This post written by a Hank's Mom, a Tripawds member who happens to be a vet, is must-reading for anyone struggling with knowing "when it's time."
So, then, how do we know? How do we know when it’s the right time? The right time to minimize suffering and maximize quality of life? The right time to be able to be strong and say good-bye? How do we know if its too early? Or too late? I have realized that this type of thinking will send most down a rabbit hole they don’t want anything to do with. But, really, it is very, very simple…..
If there's a higher than normal chance that your pet could pass away at the hospital, this helpful post by Dr. Nancy Kay has tips for making sure you are there when it happens.
Here's a great resource we just discovered for anyone coping with loss.
Support for pet loss grief before, during and after . . .
Here's an interesting article by Dr. Becker for those of you with multiple animals in the house:
- When two pets are closely bonded and one of them dies, a recent study confirms what we all know to be true — that surviving pets can and do experience grief and loss
- Signs of grief in a dog or cat include changes in attention seeking behavior, eating habits and increased vocalizing
- To comfort a grieving pet, be sure to keep a consistent daily routine, distract her with fun activities and exercise and provide natural grief remedies as needed
Most Users Ever Online: 597
Currently Browsing this Page:
Devices Used: Desktop (58), Phone (16), Tablet (4)
Guest Posters: 985