TRIPAWDS: Home to 23085 Members and 2157 Blogs.
HOME » NEWS » BLOGS » FORUMS » CHAT » YOUR PRIVACY » RANDOM BLOG

Caring for a Three Legged Dog or Cat

Tripawds is your home to learn how to care for a three legged dog or cat, with answers about dog leg amputation, and cat amputation recovery from many years of member experiences.

JUMP TO FORUMS

Join The Tripawds Community

Learn how to help three legged dogs and cats in the forums below. Browse and search as a guest or register for free and get full member benefits:

Instant post approval.

Private messages to members.

Subscribe to favorite topics.

Live Chat and much more!

Please consider registering
Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Register Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_PrintTopic sp_TopicIcon-c
Farewell to the Queen - March 23, 2013
sp_NewTopic Add Topic
Winnipeg
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
26 March 2013 - 9:24 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_QuotePost

Hello Sue

I happened to see, with shock and sadness, a tripawds post on their facebook page with your Nova's graphic and this sad news. This is a shock for Nova has been so invincible. I am so sorry for you, even though I realize 9 years is amazing. The photos you posted are gorgeous (I especially love her puppy photo and the photo of her and you (is that you) at the top of your wonderful post. Thanks for sharing Nova with us all these years. Nova is beautiful and your care for her has been beyond amazing.

My heart goes out to you - I hope you find some peace in the wonderful times you have shared.

Susan

WYO
26 March 2013 - 11:35 pm

I have been at Tripawds for the past two years and have read many of the posts for the Queen!

I have seen the love and dedication the two of you have for the other.

I know your heart is aching and will be until you meet again. I am so sorry!

Fly high in those wings Queen Nova!

krun15
27 March 2013 - 10:30 am

I am forwarding this message from Shelby's pack:

Pam, we are so sorry that Nova is gone. Thank you for sharing your amazing dogs and their adventures. You taught and meant so much to so many of us ... we will really miss Nova. Shelby has lost, we have all lost, a wonderful spirit that lived each day being the "Queen"

Long Live the Queen, Shelby, the maid and chauffeur

Columbia, MO
28 March 2013 - 5:11 am

I'm so sorry for your loss.  Nova was an inspiration.

Marla and Daisy

My Two Tripawds...Biscuit and Spirit Daisy

Linden, MI
31 March 2013 - 5:41 pm

Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for all of the kind words and expressions of sympathy here on the Tripawds forums, on the Tripawds Facebook Page , and to those who have sent private messages, emails, and cards.  I knew that the Queen inspired many, but I honestly never truly realized the full extent of it.  To hear that members who joined only recently have been inspired by her journey just warms my heart.  Since I had not been active on the forums for awhile, I wasn't aware that people were still being inspired by her.

I have been lurking here all week, coming to read each post as it was left.  Every time I would start to type a response, I would dissolve into tears.

I am going to start a new thread now about where we are at one week later. And I want everyone to know that I will be contacting each of you by PM to express my appreciation.  It may take me some time though.  I get so emotional when I sit down to write that I need to step away from the computer every once in awhile.

I will make another post shortly.  I am going to go write it offline, then I will be back to post.

Again, THANK YOU.  You do not know how much all of this support means to me.

Dane Mom Sue and Spirit Queen Nova

Dane Mom Sue at nova.tripawds.com and Mom to Beautiful Great Dane Queen Nova, a Blind Tripawd, who kicked cancer's butt from 11/08-03/13. The Queen is Spirit Nova now, but her legacy lives on here at Tripawds!

Boston, MA
1 April 2013 - 10:08 am

Hi Sue,

I was traveling when I heard of Nova's passing and been so heartbroken since reading it.  When Lupe was diagnosed and I began the research and decision process, I was told to read up on Nova as an example of how an older dog with no sight could adjust to being a tripawd.  Lupe had lost her sight (and eventually her eye) to cataracts and glaucoma and she was almost 15 years at diagnosis.  I was so inspired by the Queen and your obvious devotion to her.

We all grieve for her passing, but are blessed that you shared her with us.  May she run happy and free in the big dog park in the sky.

Best,

Kori & Angel Lupe

Diagnosed with possible synovial cell sarcoma of right front elbow 5/31/12. Amputation surgery performed 6/7/12. Final diagnosis of histiocytic cell sarcoma 6/11/12. Her soul and spirit were strong, her body was not...my little girl earned her wings 6/14/12. "If there are labradoodles and goldendoodles, why can't I be a cockadoodle?"-Angel Lupe (June 28, 1997-June14, 2012) http://lupepod......pawds.com/

10 April 2013 - 7:23 pm

Beautiful, beautiful tribute; truly fit for a Queen.  

Queen Nova, RIP.  

Hugs and prayers to you and your family.

Amputation on 11/10/09, due to Histiocytic Sarcoma in left elbow. Angel Harley earned his wings on 06/24/10.

Forum Timezone: America/Denver
Most Users Ever Online: 946
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 251
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 1272
Members: 17840
Moderators: 6
Admins: 3
Forum Stats: