TRIPAWDS: Home to 22971 Members and 2152 Blogs.
HOME » NEWS » BLOGS » FORUMS » CHAT » YOUR PRIVACY » RANDOM BLOG

Caring for a Three Legged Dog or Cat

Tripawds is your home to learn how to care for a three legged dog or cat, with answers about dog leg amputation, and cat amputation recovery from many years of member experiences.

JUMP TO FORUMS

Join The Tripawds Community

Learn how to help three legged dogs and cats in the forums below. Browse and search as a guest or register for free and get full member benefits:

Instant post approval.

Private messages to members.

Subscribe to favorite topics.

Live Chat and much more!

Please consider registering
Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Register Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_PrintTopic sp_TopicIcon-c
Submit Photos for 2011 Canine Cancer Calendar Contest
sp_BlogLinkWhite Read the original blog post
sp_NewTopic Add Topic
On The Road

sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
25 July 2010 - 1:07 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_QuotePost

For the past two years, our friends over at 2 Dogs 2000 Miles have produced a beautiful, commemorative canine cancer awareness calendar. Jerry was featured in the first one, and other Tripawds members have made it in before too.

2 Dogs 2000 Miles Hudson and Murphy

If you have a dog — who has passed away from cancer, or who is currently fighting the disease — please enter him or her into the third annual Cancer Can't Keep a Good Dog Down Calendar Contest!

Proceeds from the 2011 calendar will again be distributed to worthy canine cancer programs as well as the new 2 Million Dogs initiative, a 501c3 organization with a mission to eradicate cancer through investing in comparative oncology studies.

Review these details on submitting your dog's photo and how the winners will be chosen, then send in your entry — and tell the 2 Dogs crew that Tripawds sent you.

Act now! The submission deadline is July 31.

Tripawds Founders Jim and Rene
tripawds.com | tripawds.org | bemoredog.net | triday.pet

My heart lives at Rainbow Bridge
25 July 2010 - 1:53 pm

This is really a nice calendar, you guys.  Trouble was in it for 2010, and I gave it as a gift to several folks who just loved it because along with the picture there is a narrative (you submit) about the pet.  They also put the calendar winners on their commemorative T-shirt last year.  It means a lot to me to have these items to help celebrate Trouble's life when the time comes.

Shanna & Spirit Trouble ~ Trouble gained her wings 3/16/2011, a 27 1/2 month cancer survivor, tail wagging. RIP sweetheart, you are my heart and soul.  Run free at Rainbow Bridge.
The November Five - Spirits Max, Cherry, Tika, Trouble & Nova. 11/2008 - 3/2013 An era ends as Queen Nova crossed the Bridge.

On The Road

30 July 2010 - 10:02 pm

FYI: We just got word that the deadline for submitting photos for the 2011 Cancer Can't Keep a Good Dog Down Calendar Contest has been extended until Sunday, August 9! So send in your photos and good luck!

We also heard that two dogs very close to the 2 Dogs crew will be in this year's calendar. Luke's own Murphy was recently diagnosed with nasal cancer, and Ginger's beloved Pete also has an inoperable tumor. We wish them all the best. All the more reason to help make this year's calendar a success to help spread the word that Cancer Can't Keep a Good Dog Down!

30 July 2010 - 10:16 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_EditHistory sp_QuotePost

We have our photo ready to go. Thanks for the reminder.

I'm really sorry to hear about Murphy and Pete.

On The Road

30 July 2010 - 10:27 pm

Fortis said:

I'm really sorry to hear about Murphy and Pete.

FYI: Ginger was vital in helping coordinate Luke's cross country hike with the fuzzybutts. Her 14 year old dog Pete was diagnosed with an inoperable tumor within days of discovering Murphy's cancer.

31 July 2010 - 6:00 am

Thanks Jim, I'm sorry. What an idiot. My excuse, it was late. frown 

Forum Timezone: America/Denver
Most Users Ever Online: 946
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 212
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Member Stats: