TRIPAWDS: Home to 22971 Members and 2152 Blogs.
HOME » NEWS » BLOGS » FORUMS » CHAT » YOUR PRIVACY » RANDOM BLOG

Caring for a Three Legged Dog or Cat

Tripawds is your home to learn how to care for a three legged dog or cat, with answers about dog leg amputation, and cat amputation recovery from many years of member experiences.

JUMP TO FORUMS

Join The Tripawds Community

Learn how to help three legged dogs and cats in the forums below. Browse and search as a guest or register for free and get full member benefits:

Instant post approval.

Private messages to members.

Subscribe to favorite topics.

Live Chat and much more!

Please consider registering
Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Register Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_PrintTopic sp_TopicIcon-c
BAILEY'S BIRTHDAY IS TOMORROW 10/22/14 -A CELEBRATION TO BAILEY GIRL!!!
sp_NewTopic Add Topic
New York, NY
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
22 October 2014 - 8:04 am
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_QuotePost

OH MY GOSH! WHAT CUTE PICTURES!!!!!!!!!

Happy Birthday Bailey...we will celebrate in your honor today with lots of treats!!

Jill is a 9-year-old tuxedo kitty. She was diagnosed with Osteosarcoma in June 2012 on her toe in her right hind leg. Her leg was amputated on 12/12/12 and she completed four rounds of chemo (2 of Carbo, 2 of Doxy) in April 2013. "Like" Jill's facebook page: https://www.fac.....tty?ref=hl Proud member of the WINTER WARRIORS!!!! Her blog can be read at http://jillsjou.....ipawds.com. xoxo

Virginia

22 October 2014 - 10:42 am

The Snagglest Tooth Angel Theodore had a great idea I'd like to expand on....we need video...or at least pictures...of Bella going out for ice cream and to the pet store. She really, really is being a very goox girl and needs this extra loving attentuon to help her heal.....you have us....she has you!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BAILEY!!! The Bridge must really be rocking like crazy today! Bailey is feeling sooooo good and eating like a horse!!!!

Love and hugs......lots and lots of hugs. ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( H U G S. ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Happy Hannah had a glorious additional bonus time of over one yr & two months after amp for osteo! She made me laugh everyday! Joined April's Angels after send off meal of steak, ice cream, M&Ms & deer poop!

22 October 2014 - 4:13 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_EditHistory sp_QuotePost

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY SWEET BAILEY GIRL ~ TODAY YOU ARE 8 YEARS OLD

I wish we made it this far and you were here to celebrate with us. Mama loves you forever and ever.

Today is especially hard as anyone of us reaches a milestone of our beloved Angel.

GIRL received a few gifts today. TREATS UNLEASHED gives free Birthday Bones which we did not know. We took a ride to get Bella a few cookies to celebrate Bailey Girl!

Image Enlarger

Image Enlarger

Image Enlarger

Image Enlarger

I'll try to come back later.  I couldn't get the ice cream yet, maybe later. (My husband did stop and get my medicine.)

LOVE and TIGHT TIGHT HUGS

Tracy and Bailey

22 October 2014 - 4:42 pm

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BAILEY!

Loved all the pics. I mean who doesn't love pics with Dalmatians in them?winker(and umm, Sally, it's DalmatiAn)

Glad to hear about your trip to Petsmart & that Miss Bella was a good girl! Have you ever seen the cartoon with a Harle asking the Dal if he's ever been mistaken for a Great Dane? I got it years ago as a magnet for a friend of mine who also loves her Danes (her 1st also died from a OSA).

Sonya & "Millie"--born Feb 1999, diagnosed with OSA 8/27/14, set free 9/27/14
(RIP baby girl)

22 October 2014 - 5:12 pm

I wanted to share this from my daughter:

"I was skeptical as to whether or not I should share this or keep it to
myself, but it's too awesome not to share.

I'm convinced now that Bailey is keeping a watchful eye on me. I just got a call
for an interview tomorrow at the very hospital where we had her treated for
cancer...today on her birthday of all days. I feel so humbled and blessed! Thank
you baby girl!

I literally have goosebumps!"

This is the very place Bailey Girl had her treatments... VSS

Mackenzie has a Animal Science Degree in Animal Sciences and Research...

LOVE and TIGHT HUGS,

Tracy and Bailey

Image Enlarger

On The Road

22 October 2014 - 7:17 pm

Ohhh Tracy! These are all signs from your pretty angel. You sound so much better!

When is the interview? YAY!

Tripawds Founders Jim and Rene
tripawds.com | tripawds.org | bemoredog.net | triday.pet

22 October 2014 - 7:30 pm

Oh goose bumps here-  Beautiful memorial and great opportunity for Mackenzie. Bailey is sharing the love.  Nice that Neil picked up your medicine. Next question....did you take it?  If you haven't we all remember all the tricks you used to get Bailey to eat.  So if you need us to roll it up in peanut butter tortilla's, not look at you while you take it, or feed it to you off of a fork in the front yard we will.  Despite being a VERY difficult day, you are making great strides. Keep it up for Bailey.  She is relentless- those of us in her tribe are constantly being called upon to get you well.  She say's over and over that you did everything in your power to give her a GREAT LOVE FILLED LIFE. Now she wants us to assure that we do that for you!  Happy Birthday Beautiful Bailey- I'm sure you have met my handsome gentle giant Jake. Celebrate together along with the other angels. You are all loved and missed terribly!

Tracy {{{{{Tight Hugs}}}}}

Laurie

22 October 2014 - 9:03 pm

Not surprised I'm sick and have a bad headache.  I know it will get better.

I just wanted to let everyone know that I love them and appreciate all the support you still give me.

Medicine starts 1 a day in the morning... yes I am reducing it to the new script... a little scared but I am, I need to feel better. I have no energy whatsoever.  I guess too much synthroid is a bad thing.

Tomorrow at 10:30am central standard is Mackenzie's interview with VSS.

She really wants a job and this would be a great start.  Say prayers for all.  I'm praying for you.

I loved today when we had Bella in the back of the car at TREATS UNLEASHED we went in for a cookie for Bailey and a few for Bella (healthy ones).  When I brought it to the counter she said you have a birthday and I said yes and she said what's the pets name... well I couldn't talk and the tears just started.  I said well and looked at my husband... then he said we lost her to cancer Oct. 2nd today's her birthday but we wanted to buy her a cookie and share with her sister.  She said all registered pets get a free cookie and then she said which one under Madigan and Neil said Bailey and she said yup October 22... and then she said she would take her name off the family...  ok I about passed out.  I needed the cry and I got into the car and hugged Bella Boo and then the card drove us to Jimmy Johns.

Anyway, I'm signing off for now.  I will check in tomorrow and let everyone know how things are going and how Mackenzie's interview went.

Thanks so much for caring about us.  I care about all of you.

LOVE AND TIGHT HUGS,

Tracy and Bailey

Virginia

22 October 2014 - 9:34 pm

Tracy! Thank you for posting today and sharing how today went.

Your celebration pictures of Bailey's Birthday just make my heart smile. Y o ur tributes are lovely. The little "ceramic" dog with "devoted" engraved is so sweet and the cookie is beautiful! I know Bailey probably ate about a thousand today at the Bridge!!! Feel free to call the lady at TREATS UNLEASHED to keep BAILEY'S name on the family list because we will be celebrating her glorious life on this earth for years to come!!!!

And the metal plaque with the kovely sentiment..perfect!

You really did well today Tracy! You got out of the house, you ate at Jimmy Johns, y i u celebrated Bailey's birthday in a very grand way and you spent time with Bealla and hubby! One step at a time Tracy, one step at a time. Good job! BAILEY is sooooo proud!

AND you got your meds...or Neil diid. AND you will feel better once they've had time to do their job. In the meantime, keep gorging on chocolate!!

Okay, now go back and read LAURIE'S post again! BAILEY'S TRIBE is not letting up, okay?! And Bailey says, "My Tribe rocks!" As Laurie says, now you HAVE to TAKE the pills.....and we have tons of peanut butter is necessary!!!

Mackenzie sounds like a very special soul. Of course, she has to be...she's your daughter! BAILEY is DEFINITELY sending messages and watching over her beloved family! Paws crossed...this, or even something better wil l come along now that Bailey is working her magic from the Bridge. And I KNOW she's working on presenting you and Bella with another dog. She just wants to see you healthier first. You're working on that and we...and she...are so proud!

HAP P Y BIRTHDAY SWEET BAILEY GIRL!!! Soo grateful for your joyful and loving time here on earth with us. I can see that beautiful girl tilting that cute head of hers as she's surveying all the cookies in front of her snd trying to decide which one to eat next!way-cool

Sending you hugs....lots and lots of tight hugs!!!

Sally and Alumni Happy Hannah and Merry Myrtle too!

Happy Hannah had a glorious additional bonus time of over one yr & two months after amp for osteo! She made me laugh everyday! Joined April's Angels after send off meal of steak, ice cream, M&Ms & deer poop!

23 October 2014 - 7:54 am

Tracy- You guys celebrated Bailey so perfectly, and just so you knew that she made sure to make a special opportunity for Mackenzie! And I second Sally and the girls!! Treats Unleashed lady needs to know that these Birthdays don't stop!!

Hope you got some rest and are feeling a bit more energetic today. Keep us updated on Mackenzie...sending lots of positive energy her way and letting Bailey girl work her magic.

26 October 2014 - 12:21 pm

Thank you everyone for the Birthday celebration posts for my Sweet Bailey Girl.

Mackenzie said the interview went well but... she said she does not think she got the position because they said she needs more than two years in a ER fast pace... ok Mizzou ER is not enough... she cried and pouted in her room all day.  But they said they would call her... someone will see what she has to offer and even better if this doesn't work.  The one doctor in the conference room said she didn't have enough iv and catheters... which she said she does but not according to them because she didn't work every day during her two years there... really she was still taking hard classes and getting volunteer hours in...

Oh well, she said it was a very good interview and she would love to work there she said the setup is amazing they have 15 sterile suites for surgeries etc.  They actually peaked in the window of a surgery she said that was cool... she also went by the MRI and they had just took an MRI of a dog and it was up on the computers and she said that was really cool.  Took her downstairs to the IDDEX Lab and Healing Paws water therapy...  She loved it.  I'm praying for her.  She needs a break now all her friends are teachers or work in some corporate situation...

I have another post I need to make so please look for it.

LOVE and TIGHT HUGS,

Tracy and Bailey

Virginia

26 October 2014 - 4:56 pm

Ohhhhhhyeah.....jusr saw the "other" post!!! YIPP. EEEEEEEEE!!

Mckenzie will find the right fit. Each interview will make her better prepared when the RIGHT job does come along. The Universe is doing it's magic.....she'll see soon!

Forum Timezone: America/Denver
Most Users Ever Online: 946
Currently Online: Shelby, Holly_5
Guest(s) 226
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 1268
Members: 17733
Moderators: 6
Admins: 3
Forum Stats: