TRIPAWDS: Home to 22971 Members and 2152 Blogs.
HOME » NEWS » BLOGS » FORUMS » CHAT » YOUR PRIVACY » RANDOM BLOG

Caring for a Three Legged Dog or Cat

Tripawds is your home to learn how to care for a three legged dog or cat, with answers about dog leg amputation, and cat amputation recovery from many years of member experiences.

JUMP TO FORUMS

Join The Tripawds Community

Learn how to help three legged dogs and cats in the forums below. Browse and search as a guest or register for free and get full member benefits:

Instant post approval.

Private messages to members.

Subscribe to favorite topics.

Live Chat and much more!

Please consider registering
Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Register Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_PrintTopic sp_TopicIcon-c
BAILEY'S BIRTHDAY IS TOMORROW 10/22/14 -A CELEBRATION TO BAILEY GIRL!!!
sp_NewTopic Add Topic
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
21 October 2014 - 12:03 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_EditHistory sp_QuotePost

Tomorrow is Bailey's 8th birthday.  Sally asked for puppy pictures... well you know how it is when you ask for a Mother's brag book... here's a few favorites (this is just a few days...!)  I miss her so much...crying

Sally... here ya go Bailey's first day in her forever home (12-21-06)!

10-22-06 ~ 10-02-14

Bailey Sweet Irish Cream

Image Enlarger

BAILEY GIRL

"THAT FACE, THAT LOOK, FOREVER"

OK, HERE IT GOES YOU ASKED FOR PHOTOS...

Image Enlarger

BAILEY'S FIRST CHRISTMAS CARD PICTURE!

Image Enlarger

THEY SAY I'M HOME BUT THAT TWO HOUR CAR RIDE MADE ME SICK

FUREVER HOME!!!

Image Enlarger

SWEET DREAMS... FIRST NIGHT WITH MY FAMILY (and look at those little paws winker!)

Image Enlarger

FIRST CHRISTMAS ... NEW BEDS...  NOW WATCH WHAT HAPPENS...

[Image Can Not Be Found]  ARE YOU MY MAMA? 

[Image Can Not Be Found]

BELLA'S THINKING...  " WHO ARE YOU AND WHY ARE YOU IN MY BED?"

Image Enlarger

WAIT.... WHERE DID SHE GO... OR DID I WIN THE LOTTERY!

Image Enlarger

WHEW A BUSY DAY... NAP TIME!

Image Enlarger

OK, NOT FAIR... HOW DID SHE GET UP IN THAT CHAIR...

Image Enlarger

YOU ARE MY BUDDY FUREVER!

Image Enlarger

Image Enlarger

HMMM IT WASN'T TOO HARD, I FINALLY MASTERED THE CHAIR, SINCE MOM HAD TWO WE EACH GOT ONE...

SOOO NICE OF HER!

Image Enlarger

WAIT WHY ARE WE IN THIS BEDROOM AGAIN?  I'M REALLY TIRED OF THIS... I DON'T CARE IF THE CARPETS ARE DRYING... LET ME OUT!

Image Enlarger

AWW SWEET LOVE... OHHH WAIT BAILEY HAS THE TOY AND NEW BONE...

Image Enlarger

HOW CAN YOU TELL US TO GET DOWN?

Image Enlarger

TOO MANY DOGGIES SLEEPING IN THE BED...   PONGO IS LIKE NOOOOO WE DON'T WANT TO GET UP... BELLA'S LIKE I'm NOT LOOKING AND SHE WON'T SEE ME... DOMINO IS WELL BAILEY I THINK WE WERE CAUGHT AND HAVE TO GET UP... BAILEY LET'S WORK IT BRO!

Image Enlarger

WAITING FOR THE 'GO' FOR BIRTHDAY TREATS! BAILEY, BELLA IN THE CHAIR, PONGO AND DOMINO.

Image Enlarger

YES, I CAN WORK THE CAMERAS... I'M BEAUTIFUL BAILEY GIRL!

Image Enlarger

MY SWEET BAILEY GIRL!

10-22-06 ~ 10-02-14

THE DAY I EARNED MY WINGS...   FOREVER IN MY HEART BAILEY DON'T EVER FORGET THAT!  I LOVE YOU AND WISH YOU WERE STILL HERE.  I'M SORRY.

Image Enlarger

HAPPY 8th BIRTHDAY BAILEY GIRL!

CHEERS IN HEAVEN!

MACKENZIE, BAILEY, DOMINO, BELLA, ME AND PONGO ~ CELEBRATING BAILEY'S BIRTHDAY! 

LOVE AND TIGHT HUGS,

Tracy, Angel Bailey, Angel Domino, Bella Boo and Angel Pongo

Martinsburg, WV
21 October 2014 - 12:37 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_QuotePost

Oh Tracy,

You've got me crying over here...and I'm at work...sad

The pictures of Bailey are unbelievable...she's such a pretty girl!  And you can see how truly loved she was by her pack.  And the other furbabies are just as cute.  All the pics didn't come through (has to do with being on my work computer) but the ones that did it's easy to see that Bailey was a special girl.

Happy Birthday Bailey!!  You have an AWESOME party tomorrow at the Bridge with all your Tripawd brothers and sisters!! 

Hang in there Tracy!

xoxoxox

Sahana and her Angel Leland

Leland

November 17, 2009 - June 30, 2014

May you finally be healthy and running free at the Rainbow Bridge. Until we meet again my sweet boy!

Virginia

sp_UserOnlineSmall Online
21 October 2014 - 12:37 pm

SLLENDID PICTURES!!!! JUST DELIGHTFUL!!!! clapclapclap Just goving me the warm fuzzies all over the place!!!!! Yeah, some tears welling up, but also such confirmation of a live well.loved and well lived!!! Did I mentioned well loved?????

And your commentary Tracy.........you deciphered their thought bubbles BRILLIANTLY

THOSE PAWS!!!!! OMD!!!! Looking over the bavy gate with those huge paws!!! Priceless!!

The love between Bella and Bailey....Bella hugging Bailey....sharing her bed....sharing everything.....lovely, just lovely!!!

Happy Hannah had a glorious additional bonus time of over one yr & two months after amp for osteo! She made me laugh everyday! Joined April's Angels after send off meal of steak, ice cream, M&Ms & deer poop!

21 October 2014 - 12:45 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_EditHistory sp_QuotePost

Not sure why the two pictures below did not show up...  this is what happens to Bella and Bailey with Bella's new bed... Are you my Mama.... Hey where did you go!Image Enlarger

Image Enlarger

Image Enlarger

21 October 2014 - 12:51 pm

With love... this helped me today... I did get a little crazy with the pictures... but I'm sure everyone has moments like this...

Love and Tight Hugs,

Tracy and Bailey Girl

Virginia

21 October 2014 - 12:58 pm

No sich thing as too crazy with pictures around here!!! Especially when they are smile making pictures of BAILEY and BELLA!!

The one with Santa Hat just showed up too......if that isn a definitionof cute, I don't know what is!!!

And Bella and Bailey sharinf nose snot kisses.....ADORABLE!!!!!! :-)

These sacred pictures help us all heal....com even if it's jist briefly.....that's a HUGE step!!!! So proud o you for finding a spark of a heart smile today! Bailey is just a waggi ' away at her proud self!!!

Happy Hannah had a glorious additional bonus time of over one yr & two months after amp for osteo! She made me laugh everyday! Joined April's Angels after send off meal of steak, ice cream, M&Ms & deer poop!

21 October 2014 - 1:01 pm

Sally, 19 pictures should be on the first post... then 3 on the second...sad

21 October 2014 - 6:17 pm

Never too many pictures!  They are all beautiful!  Happy Birthday!  That was a GREAT task for today. HOORAY!

Orrtanna Pa.
21 October 2014 - 6:50 pm

I agree, never too many pictures. How sweet! Those feet! You can sure tell how much love was shown to her. Happy Birthday Bailey Girl! Love, Lori and TY

TY GUY, Best Black Lab ever! Diagnosed  and had amp in January, 2014. Kicked MRSA's butt. Earned his angel wings on April 16, 2014. Run Free my boy and don't forget a shoe. Ty is a proud member of the " April Angels". Ty sent us Daryl, a Tripawd rescue in Sept. of 2016. Daryl is 5 +or -. We are also Pawrents to Chandler, a Border Collie mix who is 15 and 1/2, Lucy, a Corgi who is 7, 2 minis, 2 horses, and a feisty cat named Zoe. Zoe had a non skeletal Osteosarcoma removed in July 2015. No Chemo, she was at least 16. She is going strong although she is now completely blind. She is now close to 20 and her hobbies are eating and sleeping in front of her personal heater. 

On The Road

21 October 2014 - 8:10 pm

I'm seeing spots! Lots and lots of spots!

And gorgeous doggies too. Agreed, never too many photos, especially PUPPY photos! Look at her ginormous paws!!!

Happy birthday sweet Angel Bailey, there's gonna be some pawty in heaven that's for sure. We salute you now and always. xoxo

Tripawds Founders Jim and Rene
tripawds.com | tripawds.org | bemoredog.net | triday.pet

Westminster, MD
21 October 2014 - 8:18 pm

What a precious girl Bailey was.......love all the pics to celebrate her life and birthday with us.....thank you for sharing these. Hoping your heart will start healing soon, but we all know so well, that is definitely will take a lot of time......

Keeping you in my thoughts, 

Bonnie & Angel Polly

21 October 2014 - 8:37 pm

Well, I keep coming on just to look at my pictures... and hanging on to all of you. Thanks for all the sweet posts.  My two Dalmatians were rescue pups Pongo was tied to a tree and left and Domino was due to the fact they brought back 101 Dalmatians back out too many people were just buying them and not realizing that any dog needs love and lots of attention... any dog you get can be normal if you just work with it and put in the time and include them as family.  That's always been my belief.

It means a lot to say it's ok to grieve because it's not going away yet.

I do have to tell you Bella will not let Neil out of her sight.  They took her to PetSmart for the first time today and she was a perfect big girl.  She even let people pet her and say wow is that a full Dalmatian lol....  Neil and Mackenzie said she checked out the Ferrets and even sniffed and walked away.  So I'm not sure if she's looking for her sister because she hated car rides also and she would normally be barking her head off in a store to let everyone know she was there.  She's getting special treatment and lots of loving. 

Tomorrow is going to be especially hard.  I received an email from Coldstone and it was for a free ice cream for Bailey Madigan... I better shower first and then go get it and sit in the backyard by her and eat it.  oh-my

Yeah showers are over rated and so is leaving the house!  big-blink

Love my family.

Love and Tight Hugs,

Tracy and Bailey

Virginia

21 October 2014 - 9:26 pm

And Tracy said.

.."Tomorrow is going to be especially hard. I received an email from Coldstone and it was for a free ice cream for Bailey Madigan… I better shower first and then go get it and sit in the backyard by her and eat it. oh-my

Yeah showers are over rated and so is leaving the house!" big-blink

Yeah...showers may be over rated....but NOT ICE CREAM!!!!! You can never over rate ice cream!! That's a great idea to go and get that free ice cream cone....and take Bella with you!! Take lots of napkins and you and Bella eat that ice cream and toast Bailey!!!! Trust me, Bailey is on her fifth gallon of ice cream in anticipation of her birthday!!

I love that Bella enjoyed her little trip today! Dalmation????? A really, really gigantic Dalmation !!!!

Yes, kee p these pictures coming! And would love to hear more ab o ut Pongo and Domino! Oh, and that's a really good picture ofnyou and your daughter at Bailey's birthday lawty! Lovely over rated clean shiny hair!!!winker

New Jersey
22 October 2014 - 4:44 am

Such beautiful photos of such a beautiful, beautiful girl!!! I love that you posted all of them--a special Happy Birthday to Bailey in heaven. She was so fortunate to have you as her mom, and you are certainly so blessed to have her as your furbaby!

Sending huge hugs,

Joan and Lily

Our beautiful Lily was diagnosed with osteosarcoma in her front leg on 12/14/11 at age 8 and had amp on 12/16/11. She completed 5 rounds of carbo. She was so brave and kicked cancer's butt daily! She lived life fully for 4 years, 3 months, and 15 days after her amp. My angel is a warrior princess. I miss her so much.

22 October 2014 - 7:13 am

Happy Birthday Bailey GIRL!!!

I'm sure Bailey is looking forward to sharing ice cream with her momma most of all today!! What a life she lived! 8 years? Pssh...probably felt more like 80 with all the love in that house!

And those giant paws...WHAT PERFECTION!

I hope you'll get your strength up enough to take Bella out on your own, sounds like she's behaving like a good girl though. So maybe sooner rather than later??? big-grin

Lots of hugs today!

Rachel and Snaggliest Angel Theodore

Forum Timezone: America/Denver
Most Users Ever Online: 946
Currently Online: benny55
Guest(s) 223
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 1268
Members: 17733
Moderators: 6