TRIPAWDS: Home to 23082 Members and 2157 Blogs.
HOME » NEWS » BLOGS » FORUMS » CHAT » YOUR PRIVACY » RANDOM BLOG

Caring for a Three Legged Dog or Cat

Tripawds is your home to learn how to care for a three legged dog or cat, with answers about dog leg amputation, and cat amputation recovery from many years of member experiences.

JUMP TO FORUMS

Join The Tripawds Community

Learn how to help three legged dogs and cats in the forums below. Browse and search as a guest or register for free and get full member benefits:

Instant post approval.

Private messages to members.

Subscribe to favorite topics.

Live Chat and much more!

Please consider registering
Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
Register Lost password?
sp_Feed sp_PrintTopic sp_TopicIcon-c
vacation 2018
sp_NewTopic Add Topic

sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
7 June 2018 - 4:58 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_EditHistory sp_QuotePost

OK, since it wasn't the Tripawd party of the century from last year and no way can compare to the great time that was had by all.  We decided to do our own little party and went and saw the Cheerleader of the century and her wonderful pups (Sally, Frankie & Merry Myrtle).  

We all met up in a wonderful little house in Powhatan, VA the house being about 20 minutes from Sally's.  I flew into Atlanta and drove with Karma and her wonderful girls Maggie May and Addy.  Paula, Donna, Lisa, Linda & Teri all met up at the Richmond Va airport and drove in.  Sam drove in from North Carolina, cooked us all dinner and we had a great time catching up.  Yes, even Cards Against Humanity was broken out.   Sunday we all got up and went to have a wonderful little brunch at the Restaurant near Sally and it was dog friendly so the girls could even enjoy it.    They got their own pitcher and dog bowl of ice water 🙂   Sunday we went to Sally's and were going to have a picnic type thing but got rained on so we went inside and spent some time and then all went back to the house and played cards against humanity again and yes, Sally did play both nights.  We enjoyed ice cream, games and just hanging out and relaxing. 

IMG_1822.jpgImage Enlarger

IMG_1824.jpgImage Enlarger

IMG_1834.jpgImage Enlarger

We had a great time and once again it was Way Way too short.   All of us continued our small vacation at the beach at the Southern Shores, Outer Banks NC.  Although Sally couldn't be with us in person she was with us in spirit and I shared our journey and things in phone calls .

We even had some of our Angels join us on the journey 🙂 

Ms Cow

Image Enlarger

We  had several cardinals but this one was Ms Elsie Pie

IMG_1842.jpgImage Enlarger

our Angels visited us at the beach with a Rainbow

rainbow.jpgImage Enlarger

Saying until we see Sally again

IMG_1054.jpgImage Enlarger

Sally & her tavlets

IMG_20180529_112517006.jpgImage Enlarger

sassymichelle-sm.jpg

Sassy is a proud member of the Winter Warriors. Live long, & strong Winter Warriors.
sassysugarbear.tripawds.com
07/26/2006 - Sassy earned her wings 08/20/2013

05/04/2006 -  Bosch, Sassy's pal, earned his wings 03/29/19  fought cancer for 4 months.

"You aren't doing it TO her, you are doing it FOR her. Give her a chance at life."

7 June 2018 - 5:26 pm
sp_Permalink sp_Print sp_QuotePost

Ohhhhh ...

I wish I could have been there with you girls 💕

But, hey, Angel Eurydice was there, it seems, and so was Angel Pie and all of our other Angels 🌟🌟🌟🌟

They never leave us, do they?

We are such wonderful, close family, it is quite amazing how our babies manage to get so many humans, different ages, sex, background, countries ... all of us truly united by the love we share for animals 🐾💗

😘😘🐮💫✨🌟🌹

Eurydice 77kg/170lb Great Dane limping end of April 2016, amputation (right front leg/osteosarcoma) 4 May 2016 6 courses of carboplatin followed by metronomic therapy, lung mets found 30 Nov 2016. 3 courses of doxorubicin, PET scan 26 Jan 2017 showed more mets so stopped chemo. Holistic route April 2017. Lung X-ray 5 May 2017 showed several tennis ball size mets, started cortisone and diuretics. Miss Cow earned her XXL silver wings 12 June 2017, 13 months and 1 week after amputation and 6 1/2 months after lung mets, she was the goofiest dawg ever and is now happily flying from cloud to cloud woof woofing away :-) 

On The Road

7 June 2018 - 5:47 pm

I cannot think of a better getaway, what a fantastic time!

It just goes to show you that yes, real life forever friendships can be created over the internet. Let all the skeptics know! There is something so beautiful when a common interest or situation brings together total strangers and turns them into BFFs in real life. I love it! Thank you for sharing.

Tripawds Founders Jim and Rene
tripawds.com | tripawds.org | bemoredog.net | triday.pet

Green Bay, WI

8 June 2018 - 10:15 am

It was the best vacation ever! Like Jerry said, these are forever friendships that we've made. Little did I know when I joined Tripawds 4 years ago, that I would have friends like this. The reunion was bittersweet, however. Several of our Tripawd hero's from a year ago were no longer with us.....and toasting them this year was very emotional. I know they were smiling down on us, so happy their mom's had such a wonderful support system, a family to help them with the sad times, and remember the good times. Getting to spend more time with Sally was the reason behind this trip, as last year was such a whirlwind, and over too fast.

Image Enlarger

Image Enlarger
Image Enlarger

The second half at the ocean was so beautiful and peaceful. So magical and healing.....

Image Enlarger

[Image Can Not Be Found]Image Enlarger

Image Enlarger

My fondest wish is that all the "newbies" on this site have the chance to make forever friends like we did...we started out in the chatroom, strangers sharing our highest highs, and lowest lows; dealing with one of the worst times in our lives, scared beyond belief. And ended up as family, sisters, friends-forever.

Paula and Warrior Angel Nitro

Nitro 11 1/2  yr old Doberman; right front amp June 2014. Had 6 doses carboplatin, followed by metronomic therapy. Rocked it on 3 legs for over 3 years! My Warrior beat cancer, but couldn't beat old age. He crossed the Bridge peacefully on July 25, 2017, with dignity and on his terms.  Follow his blog entitled "Doberman's journey"

http://nitro.tripawds.com

"Be good, mama loves you".....run free my beautiful Warrior

8 June 2018 - 10:34 am

Amen Paula.  🙂  thanks for sharing your pictures and your perspective on the trip

xoxoxo

Michelle & Angel Sassy

sassymichelle-sm.jpg

Sassy is a proud member of the Winter Warriors. Live long, & strong Winter Warriors.

05/04/2006 -  Bosch, Sassy's pal, earned his wings 03/29/19  fought cancer for 4 months.

"You aren't doing it TO her, you are doing it FOR her. Give her a chance at life."

Virginia

8 June 2018 - 12:12 pm

Ohhh boy!  Love this thread!    Thanks Michelle!!💖

Gonna come back and post some pictures and thougjts later.

This is a note from Paula that really sums  up part of the plan our dogs and cats  had in store for us all along.💖

20180608_135529.jpgImage Enlarger

20180608_135605.jpgImage Enlarger

Happy Hannah had a glorious additional bonus time of over one yr & two months after amp for osteo! She made me laugh everyday! Joined April's Angels after send off meal of steak, ice cream, M&Ms & deer poop!

On The Road

8 June 2018 - 8:07 pm

Ok I'm getting all watery-eyed. You gals are amazing souls! Thank you for adding so much magic to the spirit of the Tripawds Nation.

Tripawds Founders Jim and Rene
tripawds.com | tripawds.org | bemoredog.net | triday.pet

Green Bay, WI

9 June 2018 - 2:53 pm

This is what came with the note that Sally posted....

Image Enlarger

Nitro 11 1/2  yr old Doberman; right front amp June 2014. Had 6 doses carboplatin, followed by metronomic therapy. Rocked it on 3 legs for over 3 years! My Warrior beat cancer, but couldn't beat old age. He crossed the Bridge peacefully on July 25, 2017, with dignity and on his terms.  Follow his blog entitled "Doberman's journey"

http://nitro.tripawds.com

"Be good, mama loves you".....run free my beautiful Warrior

Virginia

19 June 2018 - 9:04 pm

BFF Russell's  fantasy😂😂

20180527_003130.jpgImage Enlarger

Everybody's fantasy!  A beautifully wrapped box of yummy cookies from Alison  It was so thoughtful of her.  Cookies for us...a candle for Shelby  Lynne ❤

20180526_133751.jpgImage Enlarger

Happy Hannah had a glorious additional bonus time of over one yr & two months after amp for osteo! She made me laugh everyday! Joined April's Angels after send off meal of steak, ice cream, M&Ms & deer poop!

20 June 2018 - 6:23 am

Thanks Sally for posting a few more pictures of our wonderful vacation. 

The cookies were really good.  We wish that Alison would have been able to join with Clare & Tina.  I know we will all get together again. 

xoxox

Michelle & Angel Sassy

sassymichelle-sm.jpg

Rock Hill, SC
22 June 2018 - 6:32 pm

It really is a big extended family. Michelle, it was wonderful to meet you and Karma in person. Even if it was at a gas station on the side of the interstate!!!!  😂😂. I did cry a little when I got back in the car. So many memories. Glad y’all are my friends, even though we met under such sad circumstances.

Zeus was a Husky mix diagnosed with Osteosarcoma at age 11.  A visible lung met and suspicious spot on his liver meant a poor prognosis-six weeks was our vet's best guess. We decided to fight for our boy and his right front leg was amputated on 12/1/11. We did six rounds of chemo, changed his diet and spoiled him completely rotten. We were blessed with 10 great months after diagnosis. Against the odds, the lung met remained a single met and grew very little over those months. A wonderful furbaby with the most gentle spirit, he fought with a strength that we never imagined he possessed. We have no regrets...
http://zeuspod......pawds.com/

22 June 2018 - 8:42 pm

Lisa,

It was super great to finally meet you.  I cried some (I am a big sap really, thank God for sunglasses lol).   A lot of memories and I am glad you are my friend as well.  I know we will see each other again.

xoxoxo

Michelle & Angel Sassy

sassymichelle-sm.jpg

Virginia

22 June 2018 - 11:02 pm

Shhhhh.....don't  tell Clare, but Frankie's  two-timing her.  He sure liked smooching Donna the whole time she was visiting at the house.❤   He singled  her out and decided  to cuddle her and try and be her "lap dog" for. the night!  He used his charm on Clare to get her to snuggle  him last year.

20180620_210401.jpgImage Enlarger

:

Virginia

22 June 2018 - 11:25 pm

Look at those smiles!!  Paula on the left, Linda on the right. Whole lotta' heart and compassion in that photo ❤❤ 

Footnote  Linda is the only one in the history of "Games Against Humanity " to get NO cards...ZERO...NADA...NUTTIN!  I just wish Id'd realized it at the time.  I had sooooo many cards, I could have given her several and still WON!🤣😂😂🤣😎😎

20180529_101739.jpgImage Enlarger

Virginia

25 June 2018 - 9:23 pm

See this  smile???  You think  she has a BEAUTIFUL and happy  smile in the photo??  You ought to see it in person!!   She lights up your world!   And her eyes.....those great eyes of hers......they smile too!!   They do! Really!

20180531_011854.jpgImage Enlarger

Forum Timezone: America/Denver
Most Users Ever Online: 946
Currently Online: Naomi_1
Guest(s) 203
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 1272
Members: 17840
Moderators: 6
Admins: 3
Forum Stats: