“I have 2 Doglegg vests for amputees that I am willing to donate to a rescue organization or an individual who is financially unable to get a protective vest for their tripawd dog . . .”
It got us to thinking; Why not connect Tripawds in need of gear, and other stuff, with generous people who are looking to donate these types of tripawd-related things which they no longer need?
So, in the same giving spirit as Freecycle, we are starting this Tripawds Angel Exchange.
How does it work?
- Add a new topic here in the Angel Exhange Forum. (See button at top right.)
- Follow the steps below.
The rules are simple:
- NO PRESCRIPTION MEDICATIONS. Per the U.S. Postal Service, prescription medications cannot be exchanged, and over the counter medicines and supplements require special consideration prior to sending to another party. Please see note below to ensure you are not breaking any federal laws. Any posts with medications listed will be removed. Thanks for your understanding.
- All items must be free, no strings attached.
- Format your Topic Title like this:
- OFFERED: (your items here, size, color, etc.)
- WANTED: (item you seek here)
- Once an item has been donated, add a reply to the same topic indicating such so moderators can change the topic title to avoid subsequent requests.
- Protect your privacy; use the Private Message system (See inbox button at top) to avoid publicly exposing your email address. All other personal information should be communicated directly between interested parties via PM or email.
- Angels and Recipients will work out shipping methods and associated costs among themselves.
- Post your topic only once.
From the bottom of our hearts, thanks in advance to all of the Tripawd Angels out there who want to list their items in this exchange. You make the world a beautiful place.
NOTE: PRESCRIPTION DRUGS WILL NOT BE ALLOWED IN THE ANGEL EXCHANGE.
Over the counter and supplements require special consideration prior to exchange Please read these federal U.S. Postal Service rules to ensure you are not breaking any laws. Thank you.
473.1 Controlled Substances
If the distribution of a controlled substance is unlawful under 21 U.S.C .801 or any implementing regulation in 21 CFR 1300, then the mailing of the substance is also unlawful under 18 U.S.C. 1716.
Controlled substances and drugs that contain controlled substances are acceptable in the domestic mail only under the following conditions:
1. For mailable controlled substances, generally both the mailer and addressee must meet either of the following conditions:
1. Be registered with the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA).
2. Be exempted from DEA registration, such as military, civil defense, and law enforcement personnel, in performing official duties.
2. For prescription medicines containing mailable narcotic drugs (controlled substances), only a pharmacist or medical practitioner, etc., who dispenses the medicine may mail such substances to the patients under their care.
473.2 Drugs (Other Than Controlled Substances)
All prescription, nonprescription, and patent medicines and related items, including solicited and unsolicited samples of such items, that are not considered to be controlled substances under 471.1, are permitted to be mailed as follows:
1. For prescription medicines containing a nonnarcotic drug(s), only a pharmacist or medical practitioner, etc., who dispenses the medicine may mail such substances to the patients under their care.
2. For nonprescription medicines, the mailer must meet all applicable federal, state, or local laws that may apply (such as the Poison Prevention Packaging Act of 1970 in 15 U.S.C. 1471(2) and the Consumer Product Safety Commission requirements in 16 CFR 1700).
473.3 Poisonous Drugs and Medicines
Poisonous drugs and medicines may be sent only from the manufacturer or dealer to licensed physicians, surgeons, dentists, pharmacists, druggists, cosmetologists, barbers, and veterinarians (18 U.S..C. 1716). Some poisonous drugs are subject to the requirements for Division 6.1 materials in chapter 3.